Here you will find an overview of the Numicon Intervention Programme, including details of the Programme itself, as well as the professional development opportunities offered.
5 Key points about the Numicon Intervention Programme
1. The Numicon Intervention Programme has been developed to support Every Child Counts but is applicable to any school interested in maths intervention for 6-11 year olds.
2. The Intervention lasts 12 weeks, with 2 or 3 lessons a week, depending upon pupil’s needs.
3. Teachers or TAs who will work with the children require training and this is provided either by Numicon Trainers or by LA staff who have already been trained by Numicon.
4. The Intervention Manual is provided as part of the training (it is not available separately) and includes a diagnostic assessment, planning, teaching and assessing guidance, lessons to familiarise pupils with Numicon and ‘next steps’ to support the child after the intervention.
5. The planning signposts in the Intervention Manual direct the teacher / TA to the relevant element of the Numicon teaching materials and also to specifically designed homework activities. Activities from Closing the Gap and Kit One are used in the intervention. If schools do not have these already, they cost £128.30+VAT for the Closing the Gap 1:1 kit and £105.50+VAT for the Conversion to Kit One.
Oxford University Press, Educational Supply Section
Saxon Way West, FREEPOST NH 2357, Corby, NN18 9BR