We will send you full details about our accreditation scheme and explore how you might benefit from this. We are, of course, keen to hear from you at whatever level of support you need - whether you’d like to become an accredited consultant or would simply like our input at an event or at a team meeting.
In return for an Accreditation licence, consultants will enjoy added benefits such as:
- Regular professional development events with the opportunity to talk to others in similar roles across the UK;
- Increased discounts on Numicon resources;
- Dedicated area of the Numicon website providing updates and downloads;
- Samples of new resources;
- An ‘accredited’ version of the interactive whiteboard software.
The accreditation scheme is designed to help those who offer support to schools using Numicon and we do therefore require that support consultants have themselves been on a Numicon course. Please email us in any of the following situations:
- If you’ve already been on a course and would like to become accredited, then please contact us for further details;
- If you wish to attend a course, please let us know if you also wish to become accredited, as we’d like to lessen any financial implications by offering a ‘bundle’ at a lower cost than the sum of the individual parts;
- If you have a team of people who wish to work in a Local Authority, then we’d similarly look at how we could do this in the most cost-effective way.
We provide support providers with discounted rates on Numicon materials that are to be used for professional development. We do offer varying rates of discounts on our resources that are to be used in your professional development events depending on whether you are accredited or not so please make sure you know what level of discount you are entitled to.
To enquire as to your discount please contact us at the email address above.
For those support partners that do not offer Numicon professional development, we have a team of Independent Numicon Accredited Consultants who can provide professional development for schools on an individual basis, or deliver central professional development days for the Maths Subject Leaders / Specialists / SENCos from your schools. Our professional development has been awarded the NCETM Quality Standard for maths CPD and I am sure that the excellent feedback that we have received from Teachers to date will continue.
Raising Achievement in Maths- Oxford School Improvement
Oxford University Press can offer to sponsor independent Maths expert, Lynn Churchman to deliver half or full day courses to your schools if you are running events on School Improvement with a Maths focus to a group of schools. For further information about these sessions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also see and hear more from our maths experts and www.oxfordprimary.co.uk.